Thanks for taking interest in helping out Izumicon. This page contains general requirements and guidelines for becoming a volunteer staff member.
Staffing form can be filled out here.
How do I become a volunteer?
Once you have read the Staff Requirements and Guidelines information below, and know that you are able to fulfill everything described there, please go ahead and fill out the Volunteer Application.
1. You must be at least 16 years of age by the time of the convention. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to have a parent or legal guardian write and sign a letter of consent which allows you to volunteer at Izumicon. Without this, you will not be allowed to volunteer. Please send your letter of consent to:
Izumicon 2011 Volunteer Consent
c/o GE2, LLC
1275 Taramore Dr.
Suwanee, GA 30024
If you are 18 years old or older, you need to be able to verify your age with a valid form of identification.
2. You must attend 2 staff meetings. Note: If you are an out-of-state volunteer or a long distance volunteer, you are exempt from this requirement. All other requirements and guidelines still apply. Please remember that you are responsible for your own accommodations and transportation during your stay.
3. You are responsible for keeping in touch with the Director of the department you are assigned to
4. You must be able to work at least 16 hours over the course of the convention.
5. You must fill out the Volunteer Application Form6. You must register in our Forums.
Remember that you must attend two (2) staff meetings. The dates and times of these meetings will be announced beforehand on the website and on the forums so that you can plan accordingly. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please notify the Staffing Director, - email@example.com, as soon as possible. You must be able to provide a legitimate reason for your absence.
KEEP IN CONTACT
Please remember that it is your responsibility to keep in contact with the Staffing Director and the Director of the department you are assigned to. Please contact the appropriate personnel if there are any changes in your status or if you have any questions or concerns (i.e., unable to attend a meeting, changing contact information, etc.). Use the contact infomation in the Staff Description section for contact. Also, check your e-mail inbox and the Izumicon forums frequently – information and updates will be sent and posted regularly.
Izumicon does not tolerate disrespect to anyone at all. Please treat everyone with respect and courtesy. It takes respect to get respect.
If you are under the age of 18 years old, your parent or guardian must complete and send in a written letter of consent to the address above.
While there is no formal dress code, we do ask that you refrain from wearing attire that may be considered offensive or that could detract from your work performance. If you plan on cosplaying while working, please contact your department director to make sure it's okay. Some departments may enforce their own dress code – please contact your department director for additional information.
We expect all staff to be available when assigned and ready to get to work. If you think you are going to be late, notify your department director as soon as possible. Try to arrive early enough to prepare for your shift.
BE HELPFUL AND FLEXIBLE
Always find out how you can be of additional help. There is always something to do, or some department that needs assistance. If you need something to do, and your department is covered, ask the Staffing Director about what you can do to help.
As part of security measures being taken at the convention, please make sure to check attendee badges at all times. Badges should be visible at all times. If you find someone without a badge, please kindly direct them to the Registration desk. This is a closed door convention. We do not allow anyone in the convention without a badge this includes the common areas.
If you are unable to fulfill your duties for any reason please let your department director or Staffing Director know as soon as possible. If you are not working as assigned, you can and will be dismissed. Your badge will be removed and you will be asked to leave or pay the appropriate fees for your remaining attendance.